Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Nonsense of Band

There is a music honor society. It is called Modern Music Masters, or Tri-M. To be in said honor society, you must apply. The application for my school's chapter is utterly ridiculous. It includes some of the following questions.

  • What special talent would you be able to bring to Tri-M? .... Well. Let's see. I BSed this question, and said something about "quietness" but really... I'd bring the special awesomeness that comes with being a bassoon player.
  • What do you hope to learn from being in Tri-M? .... WTF? I have to actually LEARN something? I can't just get a pink thingy for graduation?
  • What non-school-related extracurriculars are you involved in? .... This question has little to do with music, in my opinion. Because other than work and summer theatre, I have nothing, actually.
  • Why do you think you are a perfect candidate for Tri-M? ... Well. Because I'm a musician. And there is a dire lack of bassoon players in our chapter of Tri-M. In fact... right now I'd even say there are no bassoon players in our Tri-M.

Yeah. And you know? I should have put those down as my answers to the questions.

In other news. My cafeteria is a liar. Portabello mushroom sandwiches were supposed to be today. Not yesterday. Losers. So instead I had pudding and a cheeseburger. Woohoo. Now watch, my mother will tell me that we are having burgers tonight. Gotta love that.

Overall, today was a good day. I didn't burst into tears when a certain person's name was mentioned. And I actually talked and goofed off like a normal person. Geez, what has gotten into me?

Peace, love, and pink paper,

Catnip

No comments: