Friday, September 5, 2008

Biscuits and Gravy

Cookies rule the world. Yes they do. Recently, Bubbles was promised a cookie for updating her blog. And hasn't gotten that cookie. Shame on you, person who promised Bubbles a cookie. Let me share a fun story about cookies.

When I was in a production of a popular Disney musical last summer, we did a Secret Santa exchange for Christmas in July. I drew the name out of a hat. and lo and behold, it was Bubbles. Now, as close as I'd like to think Bubbles and I are, I didn't know much about what to get her. I mean, I couldn't just get her what any other teenage girl would want, because frankly, I know nothing about teenage girls, even if I am one. So what did I do? I found a shoe box, lined it with tissue paper, and filled it with homemade chocolate chip cookies, because I know Bubbles loves cookies. I mean, if her name wasn't Bubbles in this blog, it would be Cookie, probably.

The above little cartoon thing is right: The cookies were, at the time, what I thought was our last hope. Because, as usual, Bubbles and I were fighting. (Although people were attacking me telling me to be nice to Bubbles when I couldn't see that I'd done anything wrong...). But anyway. Bubbles figured out that I'd had her name for Secret Santa, and everything was good. Because, of course, cookies fix everything.

Short post tonight, I know, but I have a shitload of homework and I have to work tomorrow.

Peace, love, and marshmallow cookies.

No comments: