Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell's afraid I'm gonna take over.

I ran out of creative things to do with this blog. Post secrets all seem alike after a while. So now I'm bringing you something cool. POETRY!!! (Copyrighted, of course.)

The first one is called "This poem is crap." Yes, I realize that this is a sentence, not a title. That is what is written at the top of the page though, therefore making it a title.

It hasn't been the same without you
Living day to day
But I know it's my own fault
That I feel this way
I brought you here into my life
And then cast you aside
I told myself I didn't need you
Well, I guess I lied

It isn't that I cannot function
Because apparently I do
It's just that life has not been right
Since I quit myself of you
If I try replacing you
Maybe that would work
But we both know that, eventually,
You'll find me, and you'll smirk.

Again I tried to leave you
But this time, let you stay
If I want to live my life
You're the price I have to pay
Life was not the same without you
Without your painful touch
I found I couldn't live without you
I needed you too much.


This next two are similar. I had a concept in my head that I wanted to write about, but started this next one and couldn't go in the direction I'd intended, so I wrote the last one as a follow-up. Pardon my repetition of phrases and ideas. This one is "Confessions of a Good Girl."

She says I'm sweet, naive, innocent
An almost-grown baby girl
She'll swear she knows all about me
And so would they, and he, and you
If she and they and he and you
Would pay proper attention
You'd see I'm not the good girl
But I'll keep my secret
The good girl thinks a certain way
And knows that good is everything
I try to be good, I swear I do
But lately it's too hard.
Good girls go to Heaven, but I wonder
What about me? I've been told I will
because I am a "good girl"
But I know I won't
I don't act the part
Heaven has no smoking section
Heaven has no bars
And Heaven will not let me in
If Heaven sees my scars
Truly good girls go to Heaven
And damn if I won't try my best...



There must be a way to be good again.


This last one plays on the "good girl" theme. It has no title.

I'm the girl who lives two lives
I'm the girl who has two worlds
I'm the girl with many secrets
I'm the girl with many lies

In the world of books and learning
I'm the girl who does not speak
I'm the girl who breaks no rules
I'm the nerdy, goody-two-shoes
I'm the naive, innocent one
I'm the sullen, silent one.

In the world of other life
I'm the girl who needs to speak
I'm the girl who shuns the rules
I'm the bad girl, wild-child
I'm the one who tries to learn
I'm the almost-normal one

I sometimes wish the woulds would meet
So you could see both sides
But keeping separate is the way
To let me be myself.





Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: