Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Internet is for...

It's about time I put a fun thing up here! This is one-hundred percent true about me: When I'm not doing anything (which is most of the time because my friends all actually have lives), I sit on the computer. As Teapot once said, it can pretty much be expected that my screenname will be on the AIM online list at any given moment. Yesterday, for example, I went to the dentist (he is evil as shit) and the doctor (who was a very nice lady). Then, because my plans for the night had fallen through, I sat on my couch using my computer for many many hours. And, in case you haven't noticed, I sit and write my blog at very strange late hours. My sister makes fun of me for sitting at the computer so much. But at the same time...

I don't have to actually talk to people if I'm at the computer. I love my friends to death, but I am much more comfortable when I'm not actually with them. I mean, sure, my conversations with Bubbles tend to just be smalltalk, and I can't use my usual humor with some people because sarcasm doesn't do well on the internet, but I really like talking via the Internet. It lets me do my own thing. I can look up pictures to send to people, verify my facts before saying something (even though people will try to make me sound stupid anyway), and multitask. It is much easier to multitask when everything is nice and organized into windows...

I may spend too much time on the computer, and some people may say that it's the reason I don't have a social life... but, in a way, it is my social life...

Peace, love, and bassoons.

No comments: