Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Waking Hours

I couldn't sleep last night, which is why I graced you all with that lovely rendition of the story of my relationship. It's been a weird 24 hours.

I have a slight cut on my ankle from a shaving accident a couple weeks ago. Once I *finally* got to sleep last night, I slept for an hour before discovering that said cut had started to bleed. So after I applied a random T-shirt to said gushing wound, I fell back into a slightly unrestful sleep. I'm not gonna lie, I thought the uncontrollable sobbing would have tired me out enough to sleep. But then the thunderstorm came, and I found myself awake, and crying.

I made it through today without crying, or even getting choked up. I'm very proud of myself. I mean, it's not like I just went through a frickin' divorce or anything... but it still hurts. I didn't think it would happen so soon, or like this.... and I suppose I'm just expected to pretend I'm all right and talk to him like nothing's wrong. Or maybe he hurts as much as I do, but since he's a male he won't actually admit it. He still hasn't really acknowledged that the relationship is over, even though technically, although it was mutual, *he* broke it off.

All right. Well. At this point I'm just bein' an emo kid. So I'm just gonna leave it here.

Peace, love, and cake in a microwave.

No comments: